All of these clubs are part of TISKA (Traditional International Shotokan Karate Association)
Sensei G Sahota was born in 1960 in Kenya, East Africa, but has lived in Bedford, England since he was 12. He took up Karate at the age of 14 and was awarded Black Belt 1st Dan (Shodan) 4 years later.
Sensei G Sahota opened his first club in Luton/Dunstable in 1981, and this is now the association Hombu (Headquarters). In 1993 having been a teacher of the art for many years, he then formed his own association, TRADITIONAL INTERNATIONAL SHOTOKAN KARATE ASSOCIATION (TISKA) and he now has a wide network of clubs throughout the United Kingdom and abroad.
Welcome to our Website. All the above clubs were established in the past few years and are under the instruction of Mr C Gregory (5th Dan), who started Karate at the age of 14. Our club members come from varied backgrounds and started karate for many different reasons eg. Fitness, Confidence, Discipline, Self Defence, Bullying or just social. Our clubs continue to grow with a good retention of students, families and individuals.
You are welcome to start now or you can book your place for the next beginner's course, so please contact us for more details.
2 FREE Trial Lessons
For Every New Beginner
New Beginner's Classes
Reserve Your Place Now
- HORNSEY - Saturday 11th Feb
- 1.00 - 1.45pm Beginner's Class
- 1.45 - 2.30pm Intermediate Class
- 2.30 - 3.15pm Advanced Class
- Park Road Leisure Centre, Park Road, Hornsey, N8 8JN
- FINCHLEY - Saturday 11th Feb
- 11.30 - 12.00pm Beginner's Class
- 10.45 - 11.30am Intermediate Class
- 10.00 - 10.45am Intermediate / Advanced Class
- 09.00 - 10.00am Advanced Class
- Woodhouse College, Woodhouse Road, Finchley, N12 9EP
- HENDON - Tuesday 7th Feb
- 4.00 - 4.45pm Beginner's Class
- 4.45 - 5.30pm Intermediate
- 5.30 - 6.15pm Advanced Class
- Hendon Leisure Centre, Marble Drive, Hendon, NW2 1XQ
- MILL HILL - Thursday 9th Feb
- 6.00 - 6.45pm Beginner's Class
- 6.45 - 7.30pm Intermediate Class
- 7.30 - 8.30pm Advanced Class
- Copthall School, Pursley Road, Mill Hill, NW7 2EP
- EDGWARE- Friday 10th Feb
- 5.00 - 5.30pm Beginner's Class
- 5.30 - 6.15pm Intermediate Class
- 6.15 - 7.00pm Intermediate / Advanced Class
- 7.00 - 7.45pm Advanced Class
- Canons Sports Centre, Dalkeith Grove, Edgware, HA7 4SQ
Beginner to Black Belt
This handbook a must for all students. Everything you need to know explained in a step by step easy to follow manner, warm up
defence techniques, sparring, all kicks, blocks and striking techniques plus 16 katas. This handbook will guide you right through to Black Belt.
If you would like to buy the book or any other merchandise please speak to your club instructor or secretary.
Grading Application Form
Grading application forms are available to download from the gradings page or ask your Instructor. Gradings take place quarterly at your nearest region by the Chief Instructor of TISKA.
Details of the coloured belt system and the syllabus for each are available here by clicking on the button.